Monday, February 19, 2007

FRIENDLY SKIES?


There are some headlines you need to read 5 or 6 times, and even then you're not quite sure you are dreaming or reading the morning paper. Here's one of the best and the latest: "AIR CANADA TO HALT ALL FLIGHTS TO INDIA."


Huh?


Canada's official airline claims it needs all its aircraft now for service to China.


This is an "either/or" proposition?


Let me see if I understand this. I don't; but let's try.


Every flight I have taken in recent years from Europe back to Canada, whether through Heathrow or Frankfurt has been more than 50% occupied by Indians from India. My October 2006 flight was at least 80% so occupied.


So...people from India only want to come here? And people from here don't want to go to India? No. I don't think so.


India is the second most populous country in the world - second, of course, to China. It's very nice that Air Canada has woken up and realized that it should provide steady service to the major centres of China. But to do that by cutting off service to India??? What part of mismanagement do I not understand?


The aircraft pictured herein is for hire. Call me at 1-800-I-FLY-INDIA.


No comments: