'Morning David...and good on you for asking the question about the ICBC chops shops. It'll be interesting to see if there's any, believable, response.
On the matter of hards hats, though, I'm afraid I disagree. While there's no doubt Sikhs have been working without them for decades, I don't think that's a good reason for continuing to allow that to happen. To bolster my argument...
- We used to drive without seat bellts
- We were used to people smoking us out of the restaurants
- We used to ride bikes and ski slopes without helmets
- We used to allow one person to enter a closed space
- We used not to conduct lightning-strike truck inspections
- We used to have plenty of money, beds and staff in our hospital emergency rooms
- And we used to expect people to take [financial] responsibility for their own actions...
... well you get my drift.
Fact is, times have changed. We've learned a heck of a lot over the years and, personally, I support those who believe we should require a hard hat be worn by all workers in risky industries...