Friday, April 6, 2007

Honor Among Thieves


Two local stories collide.


Basi, Virk and others are finally going to court after a police raid on the Provincial legislature MORE THAN 3 YEARS AGO. Whatever happened to "Justice delayed is justice denied?"


We still don't really know what all of this is about, although drug smuggling and drug sales seem to be involved, as does the sale of BC Rail to Canadian National.


Many have already been charged with various crimes around this story, and, although one or two actually have served some jail time, there is a litany of stayed, stayed, conditional sentence and more conditional sentences.


Down the road a piece, Poco mayor, Scott Young, is in trouble with the law again. He seems to have an anger management problem when it comes to intimate relationships. When asked by The Sun their feelings about their mayor being arrested - again - Poco citizens were marvelously forgiving. They offered the Canadian shrug. "Look at Premier Campbell, drunk driving, I don't think that's such a major issue."


Whatever happened to falling on your sword. You've disgraced your public office, you apologize ans step down.


Not in this era. Not when I am always right and I can never do wrong, because I am me and this is my movie and we can always spin this story in my favor.


Not when trials take 3 or 4 years and cases can't be won.

No comments: