Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good News First


The doctor prescribed two medications.


I paid the Safeway pharmacy $93.36 for the two, took them home, read the patient info sheets and was sufficiently horrified. The list of possible side effects, which went on for pages, included losing your dick and being trapped in a small cell with Ryan Seacrest for the rest of your life.


I went back to the doctor.


He agreed that this treatment was optional.


I went back to the Safeway pharmacy. They agreed that they could take the medications back because I hadn't opened either of the packages and the pills were all secured in blister packs.


Did I have the bill?


Mysteriously, I did not. Where the hell was it? I tore the house apart. No luck.


Meanwhile Louise, the head Pharmacist at Safeway, had already assured me that even if I couldn't find my bill, she would re-imburse me. How kind and generous is that!!!


Yesterday I went into the doctor's office and asked the nurse/receptionist if she had found the bill. She got my file and searched for it. No luck.


I was maybe 20 feet along the street when the nurse came flying out after me.


"Mr. Berner, Mr. Berner. I found it!"


Thus, the story ends well. Money returned, bill on hand for verification.


But much praise and thanks to both the nurse for her diligence and especially to Louise at Safeway for resolving this tiny, human problem so graciously.


No comments: