Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pea and Shell Games


There is only one thing to remember about the disruption and loss of business along Cambie Street as a result of the Canada Line construction.


Everyone was told that the construction would be done by underground tunneling.


Surprise!


The cut-and-cover method, which has caused all this hardship, was brought in without announcement or provision for the small businesses that would inevitably be affected.


What callous disregard for citizens!


When I see the smiling politicians beaming at the cameras on ribbon-cutting day, I will kick the cat. If I have a cat. Which I wont. Maybe I'll kick the sofa.

2 comments:

Robin Shantz said...

Not to sound like too much of a conspiracy nut, but I'm curious to see who will buy up all of these empty storefronts/buildings and how much they'll cash-in on redeveloping them.

David Berner said...

You know, that's a very good thought. Ff course, follow the money. You are right. Some numbered company will very quietly make a few mil the day after the Line opens.