Monday, July 30, 2007

Name Names and let Shame take its Toll


A maniac is driving along Marine Drive in West Vancouver at 10:30 in the morning with his kids in the car. He has a blood alcohol level of 3.3, which is a) 4 times the legal limit, and b) enough to embalm the hardiest among us.


The police will not release the name of this fool and public menace. Why?


"We are going to great lengths to protect the identity of the children."


Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.


The children are already deeply harmed by having a drunk for a father.


Publishing this man's name and foto might....might!...just shame him into sobriety. It is not a given, but it has worked for some others in the past.


By shielding this puke from public scrutiny, the police are ENABLING his chronic bad behaviour.


Doesn't anybody in charge know the mechanics of addiction?


Pull the covers on this guy and let him suffer. He is on the way to killing me and you and his kids and himself. By protecting him, you are NOT protecting me and his children. You are putting us all in harm's way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi David.

We have lost another great one. I have been a late night person for my entire life. I've enjoyed the occasional company of a few (only a few) late night television hosts. The best by far for me has always been Tom Snyder. I was crushed when he gave it up, and have missed his style and humour ever since. He died on Sunday and I will continue to miss him for the rest of my nights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiSEbyhAR0k

Regards,

John