Friday, August 17, 2007

Enabling Mother Whines About Drunk Daughter to Transit


I was a cab driver in my early 20's.


I don't remember ever turning down a dog, although I had many passengers who qualified.


I do remember, however, refusing many a drunk.


Not all, because for a late shift driver, drunks are just part of the gorgeous panoply. But, a very, very scary drunk or a belligerent drunk or a disgustingly amorous drunk...well, get another ride, sister.


So imagine my amusement that a mother of a drunk 18-year old girl is transferring all her inadequacies and all her sick, enabling behaviour to blaming a bus driver in Victoria for refusing her stupid daughter on board his public transportation the other night.


I am completely in sympathy with the bus driver.


Nobody asked Princess Brain Dead to kill a quart of whiskey with her very best friend. Nobody asked her to not have cab fare to get home. Nobody needs her drunkenness on a public transport.

The driver was protecting the safety and convenience of his other passengers and he should be awarded a citation.


The mother should get into counselling at the first opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

18 years old? Drunk in a public place? No respect for Authority? No respect for one's self? Enabling Mommy? Silent Daddy? Egad, David............ Britney Spears has been cloned!