Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guest Blogger - Former Airline Flight Attendant, Pam


I can tell you exactly what is lacking on airplanes.

We were never given any supplies such as bathroom spray, disinfectant or proper hand soap. We started carrying our own supplies! If we had a major problem in a lav we would simply lock it off. The company never provided the crew with access to a lav so we often had to wait in line with passengers and deal with the aftermath of people who had never seen or used a western toilet!

The medipac is on every aircraft but needs to be signed by a medical doctor before it is unlocked. People do not realize how little we can do when a medical emergency occurs.

Also, aircraft have to be one of the most filthiest public places and I could not handle it when I saw people go in the lavs with bare feet!

I should write a book!!!!! I have seen rats and cockroaches on airplanes!!!!!! They no longer change the headrest covers and on many flights the blankets are re-cycled. Believe it or not there have been passengers seen blowing their nose in a blanket. Have I really grossed you out now??????!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised with CUPE as their union (Air Canada? -- and given the distain Pam appears to have for passengers I'm guessing she probably worked for Air Canada) these issues couldn't have been addressed. But yes, it is gross for both the flight attendants and the passengers when the bathrooms and plane in general is not clean. And God forbid the flight attendants would have to use the lav after the unwashed, I mean the "passenger".

Not sure who the passengers are that, having never seen a western toilet, are hopping on an aircraft, or was Pam being facitious?