Friday, August 31, 2007

How Many babies is Too many?


Daphne Bramham continues her excellent on-going series of pieces on Polygamy and the so-called Bountiful Community in today's Sun.


But, I had the weirdest thought.


There are 2 photographs of a man named Winston Blackmore. Under each foto, we are told Blackmore has more than 20 wives and...catch this...115 children.


115 children.


Alright. I confess it. My first horrible thought was, "This guy should be put down!"


On more sober reflection...This guy should be put down.


Shouldn't bringing 115 children into the world peopled with homeless, orphaned and poverty-imprisoned children be a major offense?


Isn't there something inherently unwholesome and downright strange about making that many babies?


O.K. I'm small minded. I can't get my pea brain around this concept.


But someone should put this lunatic out to pasture.
Oh, by the way...the foto herein is one of the few monents in Winston's life in which he has been known to wear clothes.

No comments: