Monday, October 15, 2007

Taser Death - An Unexplained Epidemic


The taser death at YVR raises some serious questions. Pardon my cynicism if I don't expect many useful answers.


The simple fact is that, across North America, "death by taser" has become almost commonplace. Jurisdiction after jurisdiction show the same results. Police attempt to subdue some fool who is "out of control," and not long after the sorry soul is dead.


Why? Is it the taser shock(s) itself? Is it the way the suspect is pinned against the floor or otherwise confined?


I don't know. But will you and I ever know?

2 comments:

Leon said...

My new book addresses this issue. I Married a Terrorist is being hailed as proof positive that the public is ready and willing to accept erotica writing laced with politics. That's big news to industry purists who have long resisted the slow tide of satire. (or fratire, if you will)

If the definition of an artist is one who shakes our foundations and permits us to see with new eyes, then I'm a cultural-terrorist in the truest sense. Deeply disagreeing with my prudish surroundings, unleashing my own eloquent worldview to the unsuspecting reader, a view of a Latin American raconteur's place in the grand scheme of the holy wars, I hope my book is a subject compelling enough to remind us of the joy that can come from the simple act of walking through an airport door for no other reason than to see what's on the other side. more: www.askleon.blogspot.com

MurdocK said...

"I don't know. But will you and I ever know?"

no.

as was pos'd by "The Running Man" such persons whom are deemed undesirable by the state shall have such 'things' done to-for-about them outside of the harsh glare of the camera lens.

no one is going to tell me that such an incident was not captured by the airport cameras...and be believed.