Saturday, November 10, 2007

Suing the Bad Guys

A huge congratulations and a badge of courage to Laurie Tinga, who is suing the 6 criminals who shot her.

The criminals are known to have shot her, but, as usual, the police and the courts can't prove it, so, as usual, they are at large.

But, Tinga, a completely innocent bystander, who has survived being shot in the head, has launched a civil suit against these crooks.

I have long advocated exactly this kind of action from aggrieved citizens. Sue the National Parole Board for their refusal to see danger and releasing madmen back into the community. Sue anybody in a position of authority who costs you loss of life or limb or property by their inadequate performance of their duties.

Tinga is a brave woman and a true citizen.

Watch the Vancouver Sun video interview with her here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link didn't work, but I chased this one down and I'm glad I did. Something stirred deep within me as I watched it. Everyone should see this.

Laurie Tinga is a civic hero. Here's a woman who has been gtossly wronged by gangsters, who shot her in the head, and then by the "justice" system, which might as well have shot her in the head, and has the amazing strength of character to pursue a civil case in the name of justice.

Wow. Double wow.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to link to this video directly. But you can find it on the Sun's homepage or here

Anonymous said...

I hold the utmost respect for Laurie Tinga. I would put her at the top of my list for B.C.s Citizen of the year. I hope that we all support her in her cause, if even just by holding her in our thoughts. I would be the first to seize the Nobel Prize away from that snake oil salesman Al Gore, and place it on Ms. Tinga's mantle........where it belongs.