Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Wrong Hero


I forgot yesterday to make mention - probably because I was so disgusted - of the Kaiser Foundation award to Sun writer, Peter McKnight, for what they claim is his marvelous insights into the problems of addictions.

Rarely has anyone shown so LITTLE understanding of the issues.

What McKNight fathoms of the core mechanics of addictions can be put in a thimble and leave room for a barn dance.

He writes with considerable bravo and arrogance from a hopelessly ill-informed, intellectual point of view. Has he ever met an addict?

He is highly opinionated. So am I. The only difference is that, on this matter, I happen to know what I'm talking about and he doesn't.

His conclusions are reached before the end of the first sentence.

This award is so terribly undeserving and brings the very nature of the Kaiser Foundation into question.

2 comments:

Robert W. said...

Just to wreck my weekend, I turned on CKNW for 5 minutes this afternoon. The guest was one Dr. Evan Wood. He said, "It is immoral and unethical of Stephen Harper's government to consider closing the Insite clinic."

Shame on him and shame on Corus for wasting valuable air time on such claptrap.

I wonder how Dr. Wood sleeps every night, knowing full well that his actions are directly contributing to the continuing misery endured by addicts addicted to poison?

Whatever happened to "Do No Harm" ?

nachtwache said...

I truly hope the federal government will do the right thing and close the site. Can you say 'enablers'?
What's with these people? If anyone should know about tough love, intervention and not enabling, it's people in that field!