Monday, August 31, 2009

Water Fight


$2.49 for 24 bottles of water?

Yes, kids, that's the going price in some American discount stores. Even national brands such as Aquafina are flying off the shelves for a song.

The love of bottled water is disappearing fast, as cities and other governments are cancelling their contracts and encouraging employees to drink from the tap.

Well, at least we won't have to watch one-day stubbled CEO's carrying their ubiquitous bottles to press conferences.

I still have giant bottles of water delivered to my house every month. Some of my friends point to this idiosyncrasy as one of the many signs of my oddness. So be it.

I have bottled water in the car and I take bottled water to the tennis court.

I recycle the bottles.

Am I poisoning myself? Am I poisoning the famous environment?

Search me.

And pass the bottle, will ya?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey David,

Check out the DVD "FLOW - For the Love of Water" at the video store.

You might change your tune about bottled water...