Monday, August 10, 2009

Why is this Ignorant Harridan/Virago/Scold in Public Life?


It has always been astonishing to me that a single creature posing as a human being could find the slightest shard of interest in Sarah Palin.

Of course, I always felt that way about George W. Bush and Richard Nixon.

Recently I managed to sit through a few minutes of the real Frost-Nixon interviews. The President simply sat there and lied and lied and lied and it was self-evident that he has a lying crook and a measly s.o.b. and yet millions still revered him.

For me the sight of American citizens waving placards emblazoned "NIXON!" and cheering this creep's name at the Republican convention lay somewhere between a Saturday Night Live sketch and science fiction.

I mention all of this by way of encouraging you to read Timothy Egan's short blog piece in yesterday's NY Times. It's called "Palin's Poison," and its a goodie.

No comments: