Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Pill Takers Beware!!!


Shocking experience this morning. Lesson learned.


My normally reliable Safeway Pharmacy blew it Big Time in attempting to refill a prescription.


The particular formulation is one of the statin drugs used to get better cholesterol numbers. Thank God I'm a naturally chatty person. The pharmacist gave me the refill and I started talking about how simvastatin almost killed me 2 years ago with dreadful muscle ache side effects, and that I was so please with now using this older version, called pravastatin.


The pharmacist looked at me like she's just seen Jim Carrey naked.


Guess what?


They had given me the wrong scrip!!!


Fortunately, I still had 2 pills left and the bottle with me so I could compare and match the new prescription.


LESSON FOR ALL: Check, then double-check that you have been given the right poison.

1 comment:

Robert W. said...

Thank goodness you caught their mistake, David. It does bring up the question: Who can one trust nowadays?