Monday, December 31, 2007

Tim CHristensen Please Resign


In the past, I have called for the resignation of Tom Christensen, the Minister of Children & Families. I have also written personally to Mr. C. urging him to step down.


Well, try reading this morning's Sun report about the 26 recommendations following the murder of 3 year old Savannah Hall while "in care."


I say, "try reading..." because listening to Minister Christensen's waffling responses to each recommendation not fulfilled will make your blood boil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was recently down in the States and, of course, all the news is about the presidential primaries.

One thing struck me as amazing; people there had an expectation of honor of their elected representatives. They are disappointed because their politicians are moving away from that lately, saying one thing and doing another. But at least in the past, Americans had respect for their politicians. It was like they were the noble defenders of democracy or something.

I don't see that in Canada. Politicians have never been visionary, bold, principled super-citizens. They've always been back-room dealers, social climbers, old money finaglers and appointees.

And we expect it. In fact when we get a candidate that shows some principles, he's mocked and laughed at until he toes the party line. And so the visionaries (and I believe that most people who get into politics are visionaries) are whittled down to sniveling butt-coverers and our country slides down the long slope into the social, moral, me-first morass we find ourselves in.

Somebody needs to stand up and say, "I have a dream..."