Monday, December 31, 2007

Victor on Inclusiveness


Yesterday, I wrote about a story out of India with a Surrey connection -"Quote of the Day."


Today, Victor's follow-up on the joys of Canadian multi-culturalism:



Today's Province has a front page story about a murder contract allegedly arranged in India under the direction of a guy from Surrey BC. The issue at stake involved a young bride whose father could not put up a satisfactory dowry. Her last name was Kaur. That means princess. Every Sikh girl is named Princess. The perps all had the last name of Singh. That means Lion. Every Sikh guy is named lion. Silly me, but I would think a real "lion" would protect a poor "princess", not murder her for her poverty.


Then there was the delightful New Years fundraiser by the Ethiopian community at a community hall on Fraser. Two people shot. Silly me, I remember when community halls were places for local residents to celebrate weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, graduations, whatever. Not places to settle distant tribal disputes with blazing guns.


Are you feeling inclusive? Should we apologize to somebody? Anybody at all will do. We're Canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, I am a Canadian born Canadian and wow! do I ever feel left out. If it weren't for Bruce Allen occasionally telling folks to learn our Canadian ways and keep theirs inside their homes,I'd be tempted to move to France which certainly looked good on Sicko. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Oh David you're RACIST!!!!!! RESIGN NOW! You need to be silenced. How dare you speak the truth. I suspect the Sikh "community" will be all fired up over your "racist" views. It is just easier to call you a racist than to address the fact that there are huge problems with our immigration system. These people disgust me, I sure hope they don't have the nerve to call themselves Canadian. We are a much too tolerant nation, deport those who cannot behave like a human being. If they want to act like animals, let them do it back in the 3rd world dump they came from.