Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Truth of No Interest to governMINT


Federal Transport Minister Lawrence Cannon apparently has little sympathy for the truth.

Particularly truth in advertising.

He doesn't seem to give a toonie of airlines claim you can fly from Toronto to Montreal for $79, when in fact the final tally is $159.25.

Canadian carriers have been successfully lobbying this numb skull/crook not to change the rules such that they would have to actually tell you the real, final price.

Why not have auto dealers advertise the new 2009 models starting at $1,200? That, of course, would be before the seats, wheels, lights, horn and engine.

At Dublin airport, checking in for my flight to Heathrow (all of one hour), I was told by the lovely Aer Lingus lady that my carry on bag was over-weight, would have to be checked through and that I would have to pay a small penalty.

Try 108 Euros!

Of course, the flight itself was 9 Euros return, final with taxes 40 something.

Come to my place, folks. I'll sell you a new pair of guccis for six bits.

2 comments:

Robert W. said...

I rarely want gov't to get involved in our lives but what has gone on in the travel industry has been nothing short of fraud. And somehow, "because they're all doing it", it supposed to be okay. Give me a break!

Anonymous said...

" I'll sell you a new pair of guccis for six bits". Wow what a deal David! For that price if you have size 11's, I will give you a toonie and you can keep the change!