Saturday, July 12, 2008

Big Pharma & The Shrinks


From the Department of Isn't It About Time, comes this headline in this morning's NY Times:
"Psychiatric Group Faces Scrutiny Over Drug Industry Ties"

An American senator is demanding that the American Psychiatric Association give an accounting of its financing.

Wasn't it just a few days ago that I wrote about the unholy alliance of Big Pharma and the Shrinks?

Which, by the way, is the name of my new garage band - Big Pharma & the Shrinks. We have hits like, "Eat me. I'll make you Small," and "Swallow me Whole with food."

Read the entire delicious story here.

1 comment:

Ben Hansen said...

You might want to take a look at the online gallery of modern and vintage psychiatric drug ads at the Institute for Nearly Genuine Research web site.

Some of the psychopharmaceutical propaganda is pretty wild!

www.bonkersinstitute.org