Sunday, September 14, 2008

So there!


My whole life I have thought of myself as not very bright about money.

I am neither rich nor poor.

I am a typical Canadian rube, overextended, and blissfully, ignorantly happy.

All my life I have watched the Masters of the Universe, the Titans of Industry, the Golden Apollos of Finance strut across their skyscrapers and luxury SUVs and second fairway homes and thought of myself - at least in this area - a lesser human being.

Imagine with what glee, I receive the daily count as Lehman Brothers goes down to the canvas.

Shares worth $80 last week are now below $10. Assets, if you can call bad mortgages that, are being sold off at fire sale prices. And the $120 Million a year CEO's are looking at the pavement a mere 55 stories below and considering it a solution to their woes.

Of course, one cries for the poor schleps who entrusted their life savings to these arrogant bastards.

But that feeling is quickly replaced by a petty sense of triumph - albeit entirely unearned - watching the mighty choke on their rugala.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too.

Except they get bailed out to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, courtesy the taxpayer. And the CEOs still get massive golden parachutes.

If my business fails, I lose my business, my source of revenue, and maybe even my house.

Sorry, just venting. I've no idea how to be rich and corrupt, so I have to whine about being poor and oppressed.