Friday, October 31, 2008

The Slow Goodbye to Newspapers


OK. I admit it. I'm not very bright.

Sometimes I have to be smacked upside the head a few dozen or eighteen times before I get it.

But now I got it.

The Vancouver Sun doesn't want to print newspapers any more.

The other day the venerable Pulitzer-Prize-winning Christian Science Monitor announced that it would cease paper versions at once, head to the Internet and print only once a week.

Clearly that is where the local paper is going.

Every day, as they print less and less news and more and more columns about nothing, they direct my flagging attention to their blogs and website.

Read this, that and the other thing today on our website.

Interact live at noon with Marty, the Catfish about smelt and all its relatives.

1 comment:

MurdocK said...

Not slow at all.

I ditched the Sun et al when I was living in Vancouver in 1997.

Black Press around here is a great firelighter and I get it delivered for free!