Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THE NEWS


A million dollars a day.

That's the cost of maintaining the sewer known as the DTE, according to an article in this morning's Province.

For 5,000 residents, that comes to $200 a day.

So we could actually pay every single person in the 'hood more than $4,000 a month in wages and let them do what they want with their income.

I guess.

The Premier has targeted these unfortunates in his throne speech. That'll really help.

The social housing component in the Olympic Village is coming in at twice its projected cost.

And Gary Mason has pointed out in another first-rate column in today's Globe that the premier's crime plan is bull.

Oh. And a young woman is gunned down in her car with a baby in the back seat.

Another day in the the greatest place in the world.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Fortunately, my friends are family are dear, my work is rewarding and I am in good health.

The world gets madder and my private little patchwork gets sweeter. Go explain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my private little patchwork gets sweeter". Go explain.
Okay David, here is my attempt to explain. It is so, because you have made it so. It's like the fellow looking around our Gulf Island home, [which I built by hand, and wearing the same pair of jeans throughout] and saying "boy, are you ever lucky!" I responded that "yeah, and the harder I work, the luckier I get!"
Cheers

Anonymous said...

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World

Mad world