Saturday, October 10, 2009

THE ART OF COMMUNICATION


There's an article in today's Globe about a woman named Danielle Smith.

She is an Alberta politician.

She may or may not be wonderful. I have no idea. I don't care.

The photo above is not quite as good as the one in the print edition.

In both, she is on her Blackberry.

In the print edition, the caption reads, "Never without her Blackberry...etc."

I think most Blackberry people are demented.

I think they are deranged aliens from a far away galaxy.

I'm hoping they'll go home soon.

3 comments:

Dave C. said...

David,

You can add the young woman next to me in the gym today chatting interminably on her cell phone while we treadmilled (is that a verb?). I long for those days when girls talked for hours on an extension phone in the privacy of their bedrooms.

Curse you Ericson, Motorola, Nokia, ... (RIM too)

Dave C.

Anonymous said...

I became a Blackberry owner and user a few months ago. Why? Because one Blackberry has replaced several devices and objects. I regularly use my Blackberry as cell phone, mobile Web browser, map, alarm clock, digicam, camcorder, photo album, mobile e-mail device, and calculator. I have actually read your blog on my Blackberry. Several times!

While you may have no desire to own one, more and more people are getting them (and iPhones, Palm Pres, etc.) because of their versatility. I think I (and many (most?) others) use their Blackberries quite responsibly. I certainly feel quite down to Earth, and not the least bit alienlike. And, to top it off, Barack Obama, whom you profess to respect and admire, is also an avid Blackberry user.

Craig Y.

PS I created this entire response and sent it off using my Blackberry.

David Berner said...

DEAR CRAIG Y.,

HAHAHA...AND TOUCHE...

POINTS ALLWELL TAKEN...THANKS,

DAVID