Friday, November 2, 2007

Where is Safe?


The crazy life is getting much too close for comfort.


Wednesday night a man was gunned down in a Vietnamese restaurant at 33d and Victoria. I was across the street at a Chinese restaurant about one hour before that incident.


On the same night (Halloween), 5 different assaults took place on the west side of Vancouver (12th & Alma, 4th and Wallace, West Boulevard, etc.).


This is where I live.


I just want to thank the mayor and the Police and the parents and the social workers and the Immigration department for making my world so safe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what bothered me was the number of people who took pictures of the kids at their front door. It all appeared to be harmless but in this day and age one wonders if it would be deemed appropriate for someone to do this. We didn't stop it because we knew the people but they didn't know it was our kids.
What worried me was the GANGS of young males who were running around with lots of fireworks and I never saw a police car anywhere. The lit a fire in Trimble park and they were tossing stuff at cars. I am worried that every year I am seeing an escalation of kids in large groups in my neighbourhood. I remember years ago when west tenth ave and Dunbar and really bad gangs. I hope we aren't heading for this again.

Anonymous said...

My neighbourhood too. How are you finding out about these assaults? I believe you have an inside connection in this regard -- the rest of us hapless residents must rely on what little is reported in the news (that is when they aren't reporting on the status of Britney Spears and her ilk). Not that I expect every minor incident reported, but I have a family that I would like to keep safe and have a rather vested interest in knowing what's happening in my own back yard.

David Berner said...

All of these items were in this morning's Vanc. Sun and on last night's several local Telecasts.