Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pas de Post aujourd'hui...


Parce que...

If I open my computer Sunday morning, no doubt the NY Times will have a helpful update telling me that either Federer or Nadal has won the Wimbledon Men's Final.

Probably Nadal, he ventured timorously from behind the rose bush.

And I don't want to know that because I am taping the thing and I won't watch it until the early evening.

Which means I will spend the entire day doing everything I can to stay away from radios, sports bars, newspaper boxes and idle coffee chatter, so that I can completely torture myself with the exquisite requisite ignorance required for this exercise in delayed pleasure.

Note how almost anything in life, including watching sports, can easily be converted to sex. Don't even get me started about all the guys I know who have never hot a tennis ball who are watching Sharapova matches every chance they get.

See you Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning David. Not a comment, but perhaps a Link that you may enjoy . Cheers, Gary.
George Carlin on Global Warming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljNDbKpusT0

Eejit said...

The best match I have ever seen. Also, John Mcenroe must be the best colour commentator in all of sports.

Anonymous said...

you're in for a real treat!