Monday, November 30, 2009

Le Coupe Grey, Part Deux


Huh?

When I left to make my dinner, Saskatchewan had the game in hand 27-11 with a few minutes on the clock.

That's fine, I figured. I'll be back with my dinner on time to catch the second half of the Steelers-Ravens slugfest and watch the good green prairie folk celebrating.

Instead, I see the Mounties delivering the Cup to a platform on which are standing a host of beaming Montreal players.

In time, I saw what happened.

Yikes!

Of course, they deserved to win.

They put the points on the board and they won. Boo effing hoo.

Chuck Noll, the legendary coach of the Steelers way back when said it best. Something like, "Football is a marvelously simple thing. There's a winner and a loser. Guy who gets more points on the board wins. Life is much more complicated. That's why we love football."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that I were that cup just at that moment in the photo! That's a sexier and more passionate kiss than most men give their wives!